Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I am not a theif! Well, technically...

This past weekend Brancent's best friend Jesse and his girlfriend Krystal came to visit for Brancent's birthday. The best part was that Brancent didn't have a clue they were coming. They arrived 1:00 am. Saturday morning so I had told all kinds of lies trying to keep Brancent from going to bed and to, uh, get him to put something on other than his pj/undies. The look on his face was priceless when they walked in! They brought their puppy Diesel with them and he and Jacob were quite pair.


Thanks so much Jesse and Krystal for coming to visit! Maybe next time I'll get some pictures of you too :)

Brancent got a little cardboard boat from his work (I know, random) and Jacob has been testing it out. Like father like son.
Now on to the title of the post. Some of you know our friends Eddie and Socorro Baggerman that live a few blocks from us. Several weeks ago Eddie had a wreck on his motorcycle while travelling on the highway. He has first and third degree burns on his arms and legs due to laying on the hot asphalt, but thanks be to God no broken bones. It could have been a lot worse. We stop by to see him one night last week on our way to the grocery store. Socorro was on her way home so I called and asked if she need anything. She told me of a few things she needed and then added "and some chocolate". Socorro hates chocolate, but will eat it when she is stressed and said that day was a chocolate day and she wanted a Milky Way. We got our groceries and made our way to the front. On the way to the front I began the check out routine: Get diaper bag and purse out to cart, find checkbook, look for a pen, find license, continue to look for pen, entertain Jacob/keep him positioned so he can't reach anything, find pen. I saw a display with a Milky Way close to the front of the store, grabbed it and got in line. We paid for the food, and headed to Socorro's house to drop off her groceries. She asked for her chocolate and at first I thought I hadn't gotten it. We looked through all the bags and it wasn't there. Puzzled we looked again, just for kicks I looked in the diaper bag and there it was. That's when I realize I had absentmindedly dropped it in my diaper bag, therefore-stole it. I found my receipt and checked sure enough I hadn't paid for it. So the next day I went back to pay for the stolen chocolate and here is the receipt to prove it.
I'm not a thief!....anymore :)

1 comment:

Libby said...

haha i had a feeling that was what you were gonna say. With all we have to worry about and remember as mothers it doesn't surprise me that is where the milky was ended up. haha

well at least you were honest!

excited to see you guys soon!