Sunday, January 31, 2010

60?!?! and 2!

January 2, 2010 we cleberated my mom's 60th birthday. Her actual birthday is on the 6th and yes I know, she doesn't look 60! We (Brancent, Jared, Patty and I) planned a surprise lunch in her honor. Ok it was really Patty and I. The guys showed up, brought the boys and looked nice so they did their part. It was so much fun planning and getting everything together. We celebrated at Napoli's in downtown Amarillo. Such.good.Italian. Patty made flower arragnments for the table that were perfect. My aunt and uncle from Portales came up and best of all my mom got to have all her grandkids together which is rare. My mom is the absolute best. She is always willing to help me out of whatever "overextending" bind I've gotten myself in. Not to mention her willingness to take care of Jacob everyday. She is my mom, but also my friend. I hope someday I can radiate with love like you do (and Noni too :) Hope you had a wonderful birthday mom, WE LOVE YOU!

That same day we went and celebrated Jax's (my best friend's son) 2nd birthday. He is 4 months older than Jacob and so stinkin cute and smart. Poor Jaxs was not sure what to think about all those kids in his house touching his toys. Happy Birthday Jaxs!
                                                 
                                                                                      

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Melanie and Patty for taking your time to plan all of this. I loved having my family all together - ya'll did a great job! It was a WONDERFUL day!
Love to all of you - Mom

The Bonjour Four said...

Your mom looks great!! There is no way she turned 60! tell her happy belated birthday for me!

apryl said...

Its about time your back to blogging...not that I can say much..the older they get the more difficult it is...your momma looks so beautiful in these pics...and who is that handsome little devil that turned 2?!?!?!?