Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fall 2010

I am finally getting around to posting pics from this past Fall. Be warned of the picture overload that is ahead. I'll spare you any lengthy stories but maybe a comment or two...or five.








 The middle school Katie attends has a history fair every year. I had always heard of it but never went until this year. The project she picked to do was the covered wagon. She also had to write a paper on it. Proud to say she got a 95 on the display and a 98 on the written paper.
Let me tell you wagon wheels are a pain to make.


 Katie standing near her display. By the way that's Noni, Popi (my grandparents) and nephew Simon in the background and my dad way in the background in the blue shirt. History fair was a family affair.
 This is our super smart friend Jadon. Not only does he have very cool hair he crafted a very cool project. He picked Petra as his project. He had to tell me what it was and I still didn't know until he related it to Indiana Jones. Sad, I know. His final display was AMAZING. He said the teacher's mouth actually hung open and he was speechless for a few seconds....pretty impressive. If you know a history teacher you know what I mean. Jadon got a ribbon and the teacher asked if he could keep Petra. Yeah, Jadon (and his mom) are cool like that.
There were so many cool projects by the kids and fun to see all the creativity. I have to mention my least favorite project: A Popsicle stick box with  4 black naked barbies that had their hair cut off....can you guess? It was slave quarters on a slave ship. Seriously. I really hope more thought goes into their project next year.


 This is Simon in the tent talking to the Indian dude. This was right before Patty's cell phone rang and ruined the sacred moment, ha! There was so much to do at the History fair: a real buffalo, cow dogs, tee pee, fencing, guns galore, old toys (some that Noni and Popi recognized), WWII reenactment soldiers and war equipment from that time, glass blowing, butter making, dancers, crafts, food.....we stayed as long as we could and didn't get to see near all of it. There was also a modern milking machine. It milked a cow in under 1 minute. I asked Noni if she could milk that fast and she said she didn't think so. It was fun listen to her and the dairy guy talk about milking and making cream back in the day. If you live in the Amarillo area I definitely recommend going.SO FUN!

 Aunt Patty decided the butter making at the fair wasn't enough and didn't have fun flavors so she and the kids went home and made some more. French Vanilla and garlic herb to be exact.

 Also cleaned the church a time or four....never to young to get started.

1 comment:

The Bonjour Four said...

how cool! looks like a lot of fun. im so glad you posted again! hope you will continue. love all the pictures.