Sunday, January 31, 2010

Loving Sunday Afternoons

I have a very long Christmas post to put up, but I just had to blog about my favorite Sunday afternoons. We get home from lunch and Jacob and Brancent take a nap. I look at the Sunday ads...in peace. Sometimes I read a magazine, plan the menu for the week, maybe do a little blogging. I'm convinced God invinted nap times more for momma's than kiddos. I was working on the blog and getting blog advice from Libby via text when I heard a small voice "Momma". I went to get Jacob and came back to the couch and laptop thinking I could finish a few things before he really woke up. At the moment I have child and lap top in hand and Jacob has dozed back off. Ahhhh, love Sunday afternoons!

That being said, after the heart attack I had last night I could use a moment of quite. Jacob had gone to bed and Brancent and I sat down to watch a movie. I once again had the laptop checking email and heard a thud. Previously in the day Jacob had been climbing on everything, table, chairs, bed, toys. He wanted to play in his bed and the next thing I knew he was leaning over the rail trying to climb out. So needless to say when I heard the thud that evening I knew what it was and my heart fell to my stomach. I couldn't even say anything or move. I looked at Brancent and when he saw my expression he took off running to Jacob's room. He found Jacob on all fours, not crying or upset, Brancent picked him up and Jacob asked for me. I was not far behind. His bed was then stripped of everything except the blanket. No glow worm, no elephant, no fox in soxs. Now we have to decide to get a crib tent, switch to a toddler bed, or leave him in the crib and see what happens. A momma's heart can only take so much!

I must go. Typing with my one free hand is getting tedious. But what's a post without a picture!?!?!

I got smiley points for letting Jacob lick the mashed potatoes off the spatula last night. I'm cool like that :)

PS My spell check is MIA so yeah, that's my excuse

1 comment:

The Bonjour Four said...

aw i love the last picture of him. what a sweet smile!!